Work Visa Lawyer

subp3The length of time someone can stay in the U.S. depends on the visa status under which he or she is admitted. Having lawful immigration status such as permanent residence enables you potentially to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. But because obtaining immigration status such as permanent residence has become more complicated since 9-11, applicants regularly need help navigating the process.

At Stanford Law Office, we help employers secure visas and immigration authorizations for their employees. Call our Louisville and Bowling Green work visa attorney. Call 502-365-4900, 270-846-1440 or send us an e-mail.

Helping You Obtain the Work Visa That Is Right for You

There are many ways that we can help you obtain a work visa in the United States. Some of the more common include:

    • H-1B specialty occupation: This nonimmigrant visa classification applies to an alien who will be employed temporarily in a specialty occupation (one which typically requires a bachelor’s degree) or as a fashion model of distinguished merit and ability. Under current law, there is an annual limit of 65,000 aliens who may be issued a visa or otherwise provided H-1B status. As many as 20,000 additional H-1B slots are available to graduates of U.S. master’s degree (or higher) programs.
    • L-1 intracompany transferees: The L-1 visa permits multinational companies to transfer high-level and essential employees from their international offices to the United States. The nonimmigrant would work at the affiliate or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge capacity.
    • O-1 Individuals of Extraordinary Ability or Achievement: Highly talented or acclaimed individuals may be eligible for an O visa for entry into the U.S. People who may qualify for this visa are physicians, scientists and accomplished business men and women, as well as athletes considered at the top of their field.

Some employment-based applications require you to go through a process called Program Electronic Review Management (PERM), also known as labor certification. This is a procedure by which the U.S. Department of Labor certifies that there is a lack of qualified U.S. workers in your job category. Once the labor shortage is certified, you can apply at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for your green card. We can help you navigate this procedure as well.

Contact Our offices today for your Immigration and USA Employment Visa Lawyer

Contact us today by calling  502-365-4900, 270-846-1440 or by sending us an e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you.

Se habla español.

Call Now Button